4/4/09

Fisher-Price Newborn-To-Toddler Rocker


As an infant my son liked this chair but not nearly as much as he liked his swing. He liked to be in motion and if he was in this chair I would usually have to sit next to him and rock (as opposed to a bouncer where his own movements were strong enough to cause rocking). I tried rocking it with my foot so that I could eat while keeping him in the chair but it was not comfortable. Now at 6 months he likes to practice standing next to it while holding on to it, but in all honesty he doesn't really like sitting anywhere at this stage. I expect him to like it again as he is a little older (his older cousins go nuts with it when visiting). He totally didn't care about the vibrating function but absolutely loved the puppy - too bad the melody is less than a minute so I'd have to keep pulling it for him.

Bird toy - once he realized that if he pulls hard enough he can get it out of the socket it became his favorite toy. One danger is that as he pulls on it when it comes out the momentum can carry it to smack him in the head. Also once he gets it out he of course chews on it. He just got his first tooth and I noticed that with that tooth he has scraped off the pink paint from the circles and the green paint from the beak. Too bad but it's bye bye birdie now. Buy Fisher-Price Newborn-To-Toddler Rocker!